Monday, monday. And a rainy one at that. It’s quiet time in my house again, and here’s what’s on my mind, today:
- Chili. Gonna make up a good batch this afternoon. I’m pretty proud of myself for concocting my own recipe. Nothing too fancy, but our family’s own creation. My little ones even like it. Nothing goes better with it than this delicious cornbread. I love that it lasts for a few days, so we’ve got some good lunches to look forward to.
- Laundry. Never ends. Sigh.
- Japan. Libya. My world can be sometimes be so small, and I need to let God help me see it larger. I want God to teach me how to pray.
- My amazing hubby. While I was away this weekend he loved on our little ones so well. They had such a nice time. And you know what? When I came home, even the bathroom had been cleaned! The toilet scrubbed! Crazy, amazing.
- Finger painting on this rainy day. Good big messes.
- Catching up on some reading with a nice cup of tea — specifically, the latest Better Homes & Gardens, and our next assignment for book club, Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand. Isn’t that what rainy days are for, anyway? Laundry can wait.
What’s on your mind today?